Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork loin

Options
kramerdog
kramerdog Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for suggestions please. My wife presented me with a 10 1/2 lb pork loin yesterday, to cook tomorrow. I've never cooked a pork loin before.
Any suggestions on rubs, times and temps are welcomed.
Also, should I cook this whole on my Large Egg, or cut in half, or other sizes?
Thanks!

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    kramerdog,[p]How many people are you feeding? If not feeding an army I would cut it in half.[p]Use one half to cut into boneless loin chops - as thick as you like.[p]The other half will still be a 5 pound loin roast. I generally rub with Dizzy Pig or your favorite rub. I cook them indirect at 300 or 325 until they reach an internal of 145. Any higher and it will start to dry out. You can also stuff the loin roast with a variety of items. There have been a few stuffed loin threads over the past several days..look below.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    kramerdog,
    I agree with Fidel on the cooking time. You might want to split that and maybe stuff one and cook the other. Last time I did one I finished it off with Bronco Billy's Raspberry Chipolte and it was gone before I had a chance to try it out.[p]I do trim all the fat off.

• big d
    big d Posts: 4
    Options
    kramerdog, well I personally smoke mine directy. Around 325 degrees. 6-8 inch sections will make it easier to manuver. i mix red wine viniger, light virgin olive oil, Worcestershire sauce. rub good & let sit for about 1 hr. While soaking go fire up egg. then put choice of dry rub all over the loins. place on egg. with this cooking technique u will need to turn loins about every 5-7 mins. for the cook. It will take around 1 hr to reach 140-145 internal temp. pull off loins & rap in foil. let sit in foil for atleast 1 hr. If u need more time before you eat beacause you got done early just place the loins into a empty cooler and cover with a towel& close cooler. only open cooler when ready to cut meat to eat. will hold temp for 4-6 hours.