Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hopefully my last table question

Mayberry SmokerMayberry Smoker Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The piece of slate I got to go under my lg egg is about 1/4 thick, I was planning on using the little feet that comes with the egg also. Will this be thick enough or should I get some spacers to go under the slate to raise it up off the wood. Thanks.
·

Comments

• Mayberry Smoker,
    I've seen pictures here of a thin piece of slate/tile/ceramic shattered under an egg. If it were me I would get a large paver stone. Maybe a 12X12X1" thick. [p]Just my $.02
    Mike

·
  • JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
    Mike in Abita,[p]
    I ditto that - the slate usually cracked, from what I've heard. Best thing is to get a 12 x 12 block, then use the feet to seperate and provide some air flow around the bottom.[p]-Jeeves

·
  • Mayberry Smoker,
    1/4" is too thin. Also, slate doesn't hold up well even with the feet.
    stonecrack-2.jpg
    Mine was a 24" x 24" x either 5/8" or 3/4". even with using the feet it gave out in less than a year. Now I have 18"x18" x 1.1/2" bluestone and am hoping for the best.[p]Definitely use the feet AND a stone.

·