Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING Thirdeye

Options
DynaGreaseball
DynaGreaseball Posts: 361
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You, Sir, are a genius. The pot roast was just terrific. Thanks for you help...and everyone else who had input.[p]DSCN3053.jpg

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,[p]I don't know about genius status Hehee. That method of cooking has been around forever. Your pot roast and those sides look as good as any I have ever seen. I think I would have enjoyed sitting at your table tonight.[p]~thirdeye~ [p]On the lighter side, my favorite pot roast story goes like this:[p]A young bride is preparing pot roast for dinner. Her husband watches as she carefully cuts each end off the roast before putting it in the roasting pan and placing it in the oven. [p]“Why did you cut the ends off the roast?” he asks. [p]“I don’t know,” she replies, “that’s just the way my mother taught me.” The next time the young woman talks to her mother, she asks about trimming the ends off the pot roast. [p]“I don’t know why,” her mother answers, “but that’s how your grandmother always did it.” On a visit to her grandmother, the young woman asks about the pot roast. [p]“Oh,” replies the grandmother, “I had to do that simply because my roasting pan was too small to fit an entire roast.” <i/>[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • AZ Traveler
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,
    That roast turned out really nice. I would have enjoyed it myself. AZ

• ChefDave
    ChefDave Posts: 142
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,
    That's a great picture. Please let me know what camera you are using.[p]David

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,[p]It's a Nikon Coolpix 4300. I'm not sure they make this model anymore, but I've seen some newer models with large monitors that I'd like to have for half the money. Thanks for the compliment.