Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL EGG Capacity

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am new to this forum and this question may have already been discussed but I am considering the purchase of an XL Egg. I know the grid surface is 24 inches. I'd like to be able to cook, on occasion, about four, 6-8 lb. butts at a time. Will the XL handle this amout of meat? Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Waynes BBQ,
    You can easily fit 4 butts on a large. -RP

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Waynes BBQ,
    actually the large will hold that much[p][p]DSCN0083.jpg[p]the xl is not my area of eggpertice. but is seems to me if i remember correctly the majority of advice you well get will say get a large unless you are cooking for more that 20 people on a regular basis. you will need to make your own judgement on what you need i have a large and a small. and that seems to be what alot of people like. like i said you will have to make your own decision.[p]
    happy hunting
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Waynes BBQ,
    using 2 grids you can fit at least 8 or 10 butts on the xl.here is a picture of what can fit on 1 grid and i still have alot of room left.
    Larry[p]97a6.jpg