Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

what temp to pull spatchocked chicken?

BlueRidgeBlueRidge Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi there,[p]I am having a brain fart. Is the correct temp to pull a spatchcoked bird 170 thigh?[p]thanks,[p]Jay
·

Comments

• BlueRidge, I've seen 160.

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    BlueRidge,
    Don't go over 165 in the breast, for the legs and thighs, the hotter the better. -RP

·
  • BlueRidge,
    Thanks both of you.
    I was a bit too late asking the question though! Breast was 175 plus when I checked! Whoops. Still darn good. I have to put the polder in at the start because I obviously have NO CLUE!

·
  • BlueRidge,
    I think the "recommended" temps are
    160 in breast and 180 in thigh.
    I can tell you that I"ve been cooking my chicken way past that... partially because I like it really falling off the bone and partially as an experiment. So far, no matter how high / far I push it, the chicken is still killer moist.

Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
    ·