Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Brisket. Thirdeye maybe help again???

Options
mb168
mb168 Posts: 265
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I'm trying my first brisket and my local grocery store only had a small flat, like just over 2lbs. So I'm wondering if the general rules will apply or does everything change as thirdeye accurately predicted on my undersized butt last week? Anything else to consider with one that size? I realize that I need to get a larger one but it was that or nothing, I'll be going to town this weekend and can get something more appropriate.

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    mb168,[p]Just like that small butt you cooked, the rules for brisket don't apply when they are small. No disrespect here, but it will be difficult for you to do justice to a 2# brisket, short of grinding it and making some killer burgers or a meatloaf. [p]Have you considered marinating it and braising it until tender? The finished product will be like pot roast. And depending on the flavor of the marinade, should be quite tasty.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery