Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Brisket....BUTT

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1425025205_ae531a73dc.jpg?v=0
<p />1425909950_7538376a93.jpg?v=0
Thanx to all who responded to my brisket thread. Unfortunately Walmart only had one flat cut and naturally no employee answered my service ring to see if any full ones were available. Also, in addition to waiting to eternity for a new tire, only about 6 of 85 registers were open for checkout, so by the time I was out Sam's was closed.
Decided to get 17#'s of pulled pork. Just went on and hopefully these will be done by kickoff tomorrow. Using Head Country rub with a little yellow mustard. Had her stable of 260 for about 45 minutes with a drip pan filled with apple juice(not cider)
For tonight's late dinner I have chicken thighs and turkey wings. I decided to beer batter the thighs(beer and eggs) dipped in flour. sprinkled with Swamp Venom.Never tried this before and have no idea of results. Turkey wings with just salt, pepper, and garlic powder and will get a smothering of melted butter sometime before coming off.

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    You are eating late. I just finished some chicken thighs we cooked up. Tasty but the skin was shoe leather. Gotta work on it more. The drums I've been doing don't seem to have such tough skin and I did them the same....minus the drum holder.[p]H