Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza stones for the Small

Options
JimW
JimW Posts: 450
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality pizza stone for the small Egg. What size should I get and where might I get it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
JimW

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    JimW,[p]I believe BGE makes a 12 inch stone. I have never used it. I made mine several years ago by cutting down a 14 inch BGE stone to 12 inches in diameter. It works nicely with 2-3 pies cooked at 550-650°F - each pie tended to cook in a shorter time as the stone slowly heated. A second stone on top of the BGE stone would allow the ablity to do consecutive equally timed cooks until the fire can do no more.[p]Spin

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Jim,[p]I have (2) 9 1/4 inch diameter stones that I picked up at Davens Ceramic Center over the past couple of years. I used them tonight to make some pita bread.[p]Give them a call if you can't find anything local. Here's a link to their website.[p]Puj[p]
    [ul][li]Davens Ceramic Center[/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    JimW,
    Those were 12" BGE pizza stones JJ and myself cooked on at Eggtoberfest.If you make the raised 14 1/2" grid for the small and use the 12" stone it works perfect.I know the egg store here has them,get Jon to pick you one up.
    Larry

• Puj
    Options
    Jim,[p]I forgot about the option that Larry's provided. I'd go with his recommendation. It gives more surface area and you can still get the egg as hot as necessary. Plus, with the grid raised you can utilize a pizza peel with no problems.[p]Puj
  • YB
    Options
    Puj,
    Good morning Marc,I have got to get in the yard and clean up some leaves.I am thinking about cooking some thick stuffed pork chops and NB's veggies tonight.For those that live in the South...Winn Dixie has the whole pork loin for 99 cent a pound.
    Larry

• Puj
    Options
    YB,[p]I'm thinking about doing a pork stir fry tonight. I do know that I'm making bagels tomorrow morning.[p]Have a good one.[p]Puj
  • YB
    Options
    Puj,
    I have cooked this one a couple of times...It's real good.I think you could replace the sausage with pork fingers and have a winner.
    Larry

[ul][li]JSlot's Stir Fry[/ul]
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Spin,
    Does the 12" stone allow for enough airflow around it to keep the temp up to 550F? Also what did you use to cut down the 14" stone?
    JimW