Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to Egging in Seattle - Thank you Pacific Northwest Egg Fest

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few months ago decided after 9 years it was time to look for a new BBQ. Did some research which lead me to the Big Green Egg. Spent time at Thompsons Hearth & Grill in Issaquah when a few weeks back found out about the EggFest which just took place at the Sammamish State Park. Stars aligned, signed myself up for one of the eggs and here I am today as a new proud owner. [p]Hunger got the better part of us and decided to stop in at the event to grab a bite and maybe ask a few questions of folks on how to use the Egg. Didn't anticipate the crowd would've been SO open, welcoming and the food so good. Here we are with 250+ other folks, carrying around our 10 mos old baby girl and eating pizza, bread, chicken, beef, pineapple, and porks in the other hand. Great way to spend an afternoon. [p]That education proved helpful as I had 6 friends showing up that evening to help me comission my new Egg that I picked up at the event. [p]I'll figure out how to post pictures as I think you guys will get a kick out of them. Let me start by saying ... quote from my friends and they're not ones to beat around the bush ... best steak they've had in years. Kept it simple for my first time Filet with John Henry's Rub + Asparagus w/Olive Oil & Sea Salt + Pineapple w/Cinimon & Sugar. Did the Steak at the end with some Mesquite chips (delicious). [p]K - now for the lessosn learned and questions to ask. I needed indirect heat for the Asparagus & Pineapple so used the Plate Setter. But for the Steak wanted direct heat. Is their an easy way to get the Plate Setter out (wasn't easy as it was HOT). Also learned that I shouldn't have dumped a bunch of Mesquite 'chips' as that flammed up the fire and melted the felt seals ... should have used the 'chunks' so they wouldn't flame up. ... getting new seals tomorrow. [p]Close by saying ... I'm a believer and can't wait to fire up my next piece of meat tomorrow.

Comments