Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brinning

Options
Marvelous
Marvelous Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just completed 6 lb butt brining was difficult as the 2.5 gallon bag was hard to handle can anybody show me an easy way and what kind of container we can use for this process. Does this solution have to be in the refridg butt came out perfect

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    M arvelous,[p]Any non reactive container big enough to hold the butt and brining solution. Yes. Glad it came out ok.[p]
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    M arvelous,[p]I use 2 gallon and 3-1/2 gallon food grade plastic buckets. I get them from the deli or bakery department of the supermarket. Usually free.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • M arvelous,[p]I brine 12 pound turkeys using a large turkey oven bag as the container. To support the bag and aid handling, the bag is placed in a soup pot or good-sized bucket. Draining is easy. Just put the bag in the sink and open it up - the solution drain away.[p]hope this helps[p]eddy-turn