Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling Mahi Mahi

Options
RichDTLC
RichDTLC Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up some Mahi Mahi to cook on the BGE this weekend. Any suggestions or tips on grilling it. Also, have shrimp, scallops and tilapia. Wanted a fish and seafood dinner this weekend. What would be a good temp to cook the fish and seafood at? The tilapia will cook quick as it is thin filets, the Mahi Mahi is thicker. Going to try some DP Raging River and Swamp Venom on the fish, shrimp and scallops.

Comments

• Jupiter Jim,
    I would follow Jupiter's advice on the mahi and tilapia,and use your scallops and shrimp on skewers with cherry tomato, and large pitted grren olives (or if you prefer, black) drizzle with a little garlic olive oil place on 400 grate cook 2 minutes turn and drizzle again cook until scallops and shrimp are firm and opaque.about 3 minutes

• RichDTLC
    Options
    Well the fish, scallops and shrimp turned out great. Did Ragin River on the Tilapia, and Mahi-Mahi, RR on part of the scallops and Swamp Venom on the rest. Did half the shrimp on skewers with garlic and butter, and the rest with butter and Swamp Venom. The SV really gave the shrimp a bite, but I like it hot. This is a meal we will do again.