Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chipotles

Options
Rick's Tropical Delight
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
chipotles-021.jpg
<p />i had a few red jalapenos in the garden and thought i'd smoke em with hickory and jack daniels oak barrel chips, then toss em on the food dehydrator and eventually make chipotle powder. i think i'll food saver and freeze a few whole. first time trying this.........[p]chipotles-016.jpg

Comments

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Are red jalapenos hotter than green or are they milder. I know red bell pepper is supposed to be sweeter than green bells just wondered the difference in jalapenos

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Is that all you could fit on there? [p]
  • Fidel,
    would have been a good time for the second rack, eh?

• dbishop,
    heck, i don't know. they all eventually turn red if you leave em on the vine long enough. i've read the green ones with more 'scars' on them are hotter.

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]I would hate to see what you would call a lot!![p]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    I was thinking something along the same lines.

• chipotle-006.jpg
    <p />dhuffjr,
    did you want some Rick's Tropical Delight Chipotle Surprise?[p]chipotle-007.jpg

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Sure I'll take a few off your hands... its a sacrifice but thats what friends are for. LOL[p]You know the thing about the scars indicating more heat...makes me wonder. I've always thought raddishes are a lot hotter when the spring is dry. When you pick them and its been wet they seem sweeter to me. I'm thinking peppers would do the same thing. I bet that horse raddish of yours is got some serious zang to it right now.

• dhuffjr,
    i bet that horseradish does... the leaves are extra ugly now

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    A few jalapenos, that must be some garden. I could never leave em on the plant long enough to turn red, but I never planted more than 4 bushes either. They look beautiful. I think I would pickle of few of those too. Even your just picked peppers look good.Good job..again!

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Those look great. I end up with some major heat on some of my Jalepeno's by planting them next to my Habenero's. I guess they cross polinate abit. Not only do I get some extra heat from them, I actually get some heat on a few Banana Peppers, just never know when you're gonna get that hot one until you bite into one LOL. I've always heard that the younger and smaller peppers are hotter than the older bigger one's. What the New Mexico Pepper institute says anyways. Just an FYI on what I read awhile back when I was figuring out what to plant this past year. think I ended up with 15 different kinds of peppers this year and love it. Only problem I had this year was that SOMEONE IDIOT mismarked 3 of my peppers at whatever nursery they came from. THOUGHT I was buying 3 yellow Bells BUT ended up being Habenero's LOL I ended up with 6 Habenero's instead of 3 like I wanted.