Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got a new firebox--how I get it out of that injected foam?

Options
Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
UPS just brought a new firebox to replace the old cracked one. It's totally sealed inside hard-crusted foam. I was able to open the box, with great difficulty, and have only one idea about digging out the hidden firebox within. Would using my Mapp torch burn off the foam (and the box sealed to the foam?) without a major conflagration or gas attack?[p]I don't see patiently chipping away at it with a screwdriver for god knows how long. Any advice, you smart people?
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Judy Mayberry,[p]I know what you mean Judy!![p]It;s the other side of what is a great method of shipping an otherwise breaklable item!![p]Just take your time,and take it off in managable peices with a paring knife!![p]Thats what I did![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • ranger ray
    Options
    Judy Mayberry,
    i'd put it out on the ground and burn the stuff off...