Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need advice on grilling chicken wings...........

Options
GenesGrill
GenesGrill Posts: 308
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am marinating some wings in mojo marinate and will be cooking them indirect at 350 degrees. I do not have a thermapen......so how lonh should I cook them??? 30 minutes? 45 minutes? An hour?? Thanks for any advice....

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    IMG_0339Small.jpg
    <p />GenesGrill,
    I do them direct in a wing rack set on a raised grid extender. I cook them at 350 dome for one and a half hours, rotating the rack 180 degrees every 30 minutes. -RP

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    To add to AZRP, clear juices will be flowing out of the wings.[p]Mike

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 29
    Options
    AZRP, Is your raised grid extender folded flat in this photo. I ask because mine extends a bit above the lower half of the egg and your grate looks kind of low set.[p]I just found a couple of the wing racks today at Target.[p]Shelly

• AZRP
    Options
    shelly,
    If the plate setter is in there it does sit above the lower half. I cook these direct so the main grid is sitting on the fire ring. -RP

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    AZRP,[p]With your heat down there, can't you just set the chicken out in the sun to cook? :o)[p]Hey, are you and Kim going to make it up for the PNW eggfest?
  • AZRP
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    No, we are going to the MN fest and then Atlanta. We are pretty well traveled this year, thinking about bringing some of the sausage creations to ATL. -RP

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Suuuure... everybody else is good enough to visit.... lol[p]I am so in for the sausage thing at eggtoberfest!! I'm thinking a sausage/ good balsamic fest of our own at the afterparty or something like that. I can't bring good balsamic for 2000 people! lol