Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgate

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What are your favorite tailgate foods? Other than ABT'S, i cook them every game, need to impress some folks.

Comments

• bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    bamadad,[p]Well, first things first...ROLLTIDE.[p]bama.jpg[p]Now onto tailgating.[p]Wings: (Dizzy pigs crunchy wings are great)
    http://dizzypigbbq.com/recipesWings.html
    Or I bought those wing/leg holders they have at Lowes and put them on after marinating them overnight in Honey Mustard dressing. Put them on and no flipping![p]Shrimp: Peel them and put them on skewers, again marinate them for a couple of hours in either lime juice and spices or make a pesto sauce.
    DSCN1800.jpg[p]Pizzas! Love pizza on the Egg and to make it easier you could buy pre-made dough.[p]peppandsus1.jpg[p]
    Burgers: Everyone loves burgers, These were actually turkey burgers and they came out great![p]closeupburger.jpg[p]Good luck![p]Steve

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    wings2.jpg
    <p />bamadad,
    I take my small out, sear some steaks. Then wok scampi while the steaks are resting.
    I agree almost fried wings are great. A little hot sauce for dipping.
    smchefs1.jpg
    Mike

• Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 20
    Options
    bamadad,
    Onehazelnut had some awesome ideas, I just wanted to say, ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ala-Egg
    Options
    Onehazelnut,
    How long do you leave the shrimp on and what temp do you cook them at?

• Ala-Egg,[p]Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Pig Soooie! Should be good game this year. Ya'll got some good press in latest Sports Illustrated.
  • Ala-Egg
    Options
    Seedpimp,
    Looking forward to the Razorbacks coming to T-Town in a few weeks!!

• bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    Ala-Egg,
    About 350 dome. I usually do them on a raised grid but I was doing steaks too so I just threw them on and watched them close. Less than 5-7 minutes per side. Nothing worse then over done shrimp![p]I'm located in LSU country and CAN NOT wait till the November 3rd game![p]Steve

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Ala-Egg,
    Who was that coach.[p]"IT'S ROLLING BABY, IT'S ROLLING"[p]We open up at Auburn, I'm not looking forward to the biggest cheaters in the world.[p]Mike

• PigsEye
    PigsEye Posts: 21
    Options
    Seedpimp,
    Do you get to any games? We have tickets to all the Fayetteville and LR games. Hoping to get down to Ole Miss this year. That's usually my away game. Went to T-town once, 4OT win for us.