Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whoomp!

Options
Rib-Rob
Rib-Rob Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to someone in the forum who suggested the "count to 10" rule on high temp cooks. I cooked Char-Woody's excellent recipe for skirt steak (Nuclear temps recommended). I cooked about 4 minutes a side and let it dwell a minute or two. (the dwelling was my own idea). Having read the archives, I know to "burp the Egg". I opened the top, opened the bottom, and waited a few seconds--nothing. I lifted the lid an inch for a few seconds, and was about to lift it up completely, when I recalled the "count to 10" rule. Good thing I did. I only lost a few hairs on top of my knuckles, because after 3 or 4 seconds, Whoomp!. Gets one's attention, it does. So thanks to you, and thanks to C-W for a superb recipe. And if you are going to dwell, be REAL careful.