Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whoomp!

Rib-RobRib-Rob Posts: 66
edited 4:01AM in EggHead Forum
Thanks to someone in the forum who suggested the "count to 10" rule on high temp cooks. I cooked Char-Woody's excellent recipe for skirt steak (Nuclear temps recommended). I cooked about 4 minutes a side and let it dwell a minute or two. (the dwelling was my own idea). Having read the archives, I know to "burp the Egg". I opened the top, opened the bottom, and waited a few seconds--nothing. I lifted the lid an inch for a few seconds, and was about to lift it up completely, when I recalled the "count to 10" rule. Good thing I did. I only lost a few hairs on top of my knuckles, because after 3 or 4 seconds, Whoomp!. Gets one's attention, it does. So thanks to you, and thanks to C-W for a superb recipe. And if you are going to dwell, be REAL careful.
·