Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I only had time for corn

Options
thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC03327a.jpg
<p />Working late & happy hour cuts into a guys cookin' time. I fired up the cooker for some sweet corn. Looks pretty lonely doesn't it??[p]Thank goodness for the FoodSaver and leftovers.... I had a 2 or 3 pound hunk-o-brisket and some great northerns in the freezer. Great side dishes for the corn. LOL[p]DSC03320ab.jpg[p]And yes, the brisket was just as good the second time around. [p]DSC03330a2.jpg[p]Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• galoot
    galoot Posts: 69
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Last time I did corn on the cob, it was not a pretty site. Soaked it with the husks on, did it for what I thought was long enough and then had to eat humble pie and finish it in the pressure cooker. This did not impress a certain someone if you know what I mean. So what's the process? More time? Pre-cook?

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Smoke2much,[p]Boy, I don't know how it didn't work out for you. I soak in water for an hour or so, then grill for 30 or 45 minutes, turning every 5 or 10. When it comes off I wrap in plastic wrap and a dish towel until we sit down to dinner.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    thirdeye, I had 3 ears thursday night and decided to cut it off the cob. Man after I finished had to get a bigger plate. Never new there was so much corn on an ear. Was good though. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • galoot
    galoot Posts: 69
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Tried this method; worked great. Did 2 for dinner last night and another 10 cobs tonight. Thx for tip..