Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach pie purrrfection!!

Options
Bubba Smith
Bubba Smith Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
of=50,590,442
<p />Cooked this at 400 for about 45 minutes. Golden brown all over, pie crust melted in my mouth. Wished there was more to share-picture will have to do!

Comments

• Mrs. Taz
    Mrs. Taz Posts: 21
    Options
    Bubba Smith,[p]
    That Looks Awwesome you arew making me hungry. Please provide the details.

• Bubba Smith
    Options
    Mrs. Taz[p]The crust is Mamma's secret recipe learned from an old German woman that was the most amazing cook I have every known, sorry can't tell a soul. Otherwise its just a basic peach pie recipe. I Used a Pyrex dish to bake it in, I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I think the Pyrex was the ticket. Cooked 400 degrees for 45 min. and didn't open the dome until it was time to take off.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Bubba Smith,
    that would be picture perfect if that deer hadn't stepped in it.[p]nice pie. fresh peaches too, i imagine.
    mm mmmm good

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Options
    Bubba Smith,[p]How I wish we had smell-a-vision...LOL! Or better yet...taste-o-vision! Looks Great![p]JD
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
  • And after all that everybody has shared with you....[p]:-)
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Bubba Smith, looks inviting (i am sure it's all gone now)[p]

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    here is the recipe of 2 methods to make the pie crust:
    HOT WATER PIE CRUST [p]1/3 c. boiling water
    2/3 c. Crisco shortening (equals 10 tbsp. minus 2 tsp.)
    2 c. sifted flour
    3/4 tsp. salt[p]Pour boiling water over shortening. Beat until creamy. Sift flour and salt together; add to shortening.
    With fork, mix to soft dough.
    Divide into 2 equal balls. Chill dough before rolling on floured board. Makes enough for 2 single crusts or 1 double crust.

BEST - EVER PIE CRUST [p]2/3 c. shortening
    1/3 c. HOT water
    1 tsp. cold milk
    2 c. flour
    Salt[p]Beat shortening, water and milk to consistency of whipped cream. Add flour. Roll dough into desired crust.
    No hassle, flaky crust.

• Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    chefarnoldi,
    Thanks for the recipe's, been looking for a real good pie crust. [p]Pork Butt Mike

• Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    sumrtym,
    Here Here[p]Pork Butt Mike

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Bubba Smith,
    I love peach pie, kinda exotic around here. Yours sure looks great, makes me hungry for a slice. When peaches are in fresh at the store, they are hit and miss with quality. I've had Georgia peach pie and it's a killer, just can get good peaches up here and so I go without the real thing.
    That crust of yours does look fantastic....

• RibDog
    RibDog Posts: 31
    Options
    Bubba Smith,[p]Great job. That looks fantastic.[p]John
  • chefarnoldi,[p]Thanks for the info will give it a try.[p]kent