Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerked Turkey Breast

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On Saturday, I was hosting a small neighborhood get-together at my house when I realized I was going to have a few more people than I had anticipated. I felt the need throw something on the egg. I really wanted to do either ribs or a brisket. However, I was running out of time. It dawned on me that I could grab a fresh turkey breast and it would be done just in time. I ran to Publix and grabbed a 5.5 lb fresh turkey breast. I kept debating on how best to season it.[p]When I got home it hit me, Jerked Turkey. I grabbed my jar of Mrs. Dogs and applied a generous coating under the skin. I then added some pats of butter under the skin as well. I sprinkled the skin with Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk. I placed the breast on an adjustable V-Rack in a drip pan and placed it on an upturned plate setter in my Medium BGE. I added a handful of guava and apple chips to the fire and walked away.[p]I let the turkey roast at about 350 for the better part of three hours. I had originally expected to take the meat off when it hit 170, but then I realized that that would actually be too long so I pulled it at 167. When I brought the finished product into the house to rest, everyone kept commenting on how good it smelled and asked why I was not cutting it. After 15 minutes, I sliced it up and about 10 minutes later it was gone. Every one loved it, although some said it was a little too hot for them. I handed them another beer and they were happy.[p]Just sharing,
RhumAndJerk[p]