Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

short thermometer for mini

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is anyone using the short thermometer from primo grills, if so do you like it. I'm thinking of one for my mini egg. I also noticed that their order page did not appear to be secure, so if you have one did you order it online??????
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    New Bob,[p] I ordered one, but it wasn't calibrated and broke when I tried to adjust it. I know a few other folks have them and have had better luck with 'em . . .[p]MikeO
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    New Bob,[p]I have a couple and have no problem with them. I have a couple BGE new glass ones too and one of them broke like MikeO was saying about the primo brand. I took it apart after it was found to be unuseable and I found that the nut doesn't tighten anything - it is a compression fit piece and if the compression is wrong then the dial can spin around with ease and you can't keep from moving it out of calibration. They apear to be made by the same company - just an inch shorter. [p]Tim
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    minihat.jpg
    <p />New Bob,
    This set up works good...I used a 3/4" copper coupling with a fishing cork inserted in the coupling...I painted it with heat black paint.
    Larry

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Tim M,[p] Yup, that matches what I found.[p]MikeO