Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome Turkey Breast

Options
Rib-Rob
Rib-Rob Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got this recipe off the internet, somewhere. I think Ms. Oakes hangs out in San Francisco. It was INCREDIBLE! I used apple juice for the marinade for a 6 lb. Fresh Market bone-in turkey breast. Reduced the honey as per the instructions, and used dried rosemary, instead of fresh, otherwise followed the directions. Cooked on the Small between 360 and 340. Parts of the skin got a little dark, probably because of the honey. Pulled off at 160. Next time, I would lower the heat a little and rotate the breast more. To die for. My best cook of the year. You have to try this.[p]BOULEVARD'S STAFF TURKEY
If you're feeling flush, says Boulevard chef Nancy Oakes, substitute apple juice or cider for water, and reduce honey to 1/2 cup.
Bone-in turkey breast half, 3–3 1/2 lb.
1 Tbsp olive oil
HONEY BRINE
2 quarts water, apple juice or cider
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup kosher salt
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 rosemary sprig, 4" long
Bring water to a boil, then pour into a container just large enough to hold turkey breast and cool 5 minutes. Add honey, salt, mustard and pepper. Whisk until honey dissolves, then add rosemary. Refrigerate until well chilled. Add turkey to chilled brine. Weight with a plate if necessary to keep it completely submerged. Refrigerate 1–2 days. Place in a roasting pan and bring to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°. Roast 30 minutes, then brush with oil. Continue roasting until internal temperature reaches 150° on an instant-read thermometer, about 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally with the drippings. Remove from oven and let rest 30 minutes before carving.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Rib-Rob,
    The recipe reads good. Sure would be nice to see a photo.[p]Lots of Eggheads have produced some beautiful and tasty turkey breasts, me included. The Egg is perfect for it.[p]Thanks for posting the recipe.[p]Spring "Another Fine Feathered Fixture" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA