Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Chicken - Alabama White Sauce

Options
Saucehog
Saucehog Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
chicken.jpg
<p />Evidently Paula Dean did a special on Big Bob Gibson's Alabama White Sauce. Not really a BBQ Sauce, but it is a sauce.[p]So with all the questions we have been getting, we did a test run on a whole chicken. One recommendation was to rub with a hot rub as well. So we used Willingham Cajun Hot.[p]We rubbed the chicken down with the rub, basted with the white sauce.[p]Smoked for about 3 hours until we had an internal temp on the breast of 160F. We basted as we took off the BGE.[p]It came out looking great and tasted great. Do not expect the sauce to taste like a classic BBQ Sauce. It tastes very different, but is somewhat addictive.[p]SO if you want something different, give it a shot. Food TV website also has the directions to make the sauce as well.[p]Cheers,
Saucehog[p]

[ul][li]Alabama White Sauce[/ul]

Comments

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Saucehog,[p]Hey were you on that show? I saw it and was intrigued by the white sauce... [p]Is it spicy or like a white sauce on chicken-fried steak?[p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...

• Saucehog
    Saucehog Posts: 30
    Options
    AnnaG,
    No, I was not on the show, but she did have a representative from Big Bob Gibson. She usually likes everything she touches, so we wanted to give it a shot on the BGE just for good measure.[p]I am not sure I would put it on country fried steak. It is not like a gravy, but sort of looks like one. We have used it on chicken tenders and thought it was good.[p]It is not sweet at all, sort of a taste of vinegar and I am not sure what to compare it to.[p]When we have let people sample it, either they love it or hate it..just be warned.[p]
    Cheers,
    Saucehog

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    AnnaG,[p]Still a newbie here... Trying to figure out who is who... [p]The part about "So with all the questions we have been getting", made me think you were an employee of that company... [p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    Saucehog,[p]Used your Willingham mild rub on some beef ribs today 6 hours at 250 was great.Basted with juicy juice berry and some bbq sauce.[p]Here is the white saouce for those interested:[p]Sauce, White, Big Bob Gibson
    [p]INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 Tbs sugar
    1/2 tsp lemon juice
    2 Tbs apple cider

Procedure:
    1 Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.

Recipe Type
    BBQ Sauce

Recipe Source
    Author: Bob Gibson's BBQ[p]Source: Food Network, Bob Gibson's BBQ[p]Episode#: PASP02[p]Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

[p]

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    Saucehog,
    I have that recipe but have been too cowardly to try it. I think I will give it a shot - thanks