Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Request for information

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]The one thing that has won my femme friends over is a grilled Heart of Romaine salad. Trim outer leaves and root. Favorite Caesar dressing (not thick) gently worked into the inner part of half of a Romaine lettuce heart. Also work Parmesan cheese (freshly grated) into the leaves without seperating them too much. Spray with balsalmic. Then chill. 90 sec face down direct at ~400 then flip and 2 min backside. Pass Feta. ooooohhh
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    flambe.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,
    well, this doesn't seem unusual for this forum, but i've never seen this on a gasser, and think it's rare for a weber.[p]but i see plenty of cast iron around here.[p]i also see this every now and then here, but can't imagine it on a gasser. beef wellington, in this case, individual fillets left over for lunch. ...not nearly as pretty the night before, sorry[p]wellingtonleftovers.jpg

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    some folks get mold if they leave the egg alone too long. you get snails.[p]i forgot about the cheese souffles we did as side dishes once. thanks for posting that pic, because it reminded me how 'simple' souffle can be despite the reception of 'ooohs' it receives. gonna do that soon again

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    stike,
    LOL. ..those snails didn't stand a chance. .. firt time i went to atlanta i did 6 dozen of the suckers ...set them up the night before in the hotel room. ..that place absolutely reeked of garlic!! . .[p]and i also love the souffle on the egg. ..it really pics up a nice bit of smoke flavor. .. very rustic .. ..gotta do one again soon myself. . .

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    stike,[p] I have Piccadilly's Carrot Souffle recipe I think I am going to try on the egg.[p]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I used to get that reaction with Pizzas.
    The adobo chicken gets a wow...it must be the pot in the grill that astonishes folks. Monicas Knishes raised eyebrows. Pecan pie comes to mind as does lasagna.

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I have done Baked Alaska.....that always gets a wow!
  • Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Omelettes, hmmmm...

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    98522470-L.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,[p]One more...smoked deviled eggs
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Ewwww - is that white king salmon?? lol[p]the oxtail stew stopped me in my tracks though....... do tell/ email more.... I've never had it, but it sure looks good!!
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Turducken,
    Beef Wellington, whole, not portions.
    Granny's apple cake
    Buttermilk scones
    Irish brown soda bread
    Beer can chicken always gets a reaction, for the concept more so than the product (i.e. "how do you mean you stuff a chicken with a can of beer".)
    Goose.[p]Regards from Ireland,
    Roger

• tigerpaw
    tigerpaw Posts: 12
    Options
    potroastdone1.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,[p]Oh, pot roast stew.
  • rex clingan
    Options
    smoked:[p]garlic
    onions
    chilis
    crepinettes of merguez[p]baked:
    stromboli
    oven fries
    panini (between 2 griddle plates
    Mexican pulled chicken for tacos, etc. (dutch oven)
    smoke-braised brisket over onions in wine/beer/juice[p]

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Thanks!!!!! I've got enough ideas for that topic. Whew![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    100_1494.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,
    seems like something different every 8-10 cooks. heres a few more, french toast. something to keep in mind is that a lot of us are NOT cooks, the egg changed alot of things. i used to grill sausages, hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, occasionally smoke a turkey and ate alot of ramon pride before the egg. [p]100_1428.jpg
    fiddle head pie (quiche)[p]100_1355.jpg
    scalloped potatoes[p]100_1270.jpg
    escargot[p]100_1156.jpg
    bread bowls[p]100_1119.jpg
    fishermans stew[p]100_1063.jpg
    portuguese rottencake[p]100_0956.jpg
    salmon pie

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    icemncmth, that falls into the category of "Grilled Ice Cream". That should get a lot of attention. Care to share your technique?

• Wise One
    Options
    icemncmth, that falls into the category of "Grilled Ice Cream". That should get a lot of attention. Care to share your technique?

• Wise One
    Options
    fishlessman, Can you share your Salmon pie recipe? Is it a quiche with salmon?

• fishlessman
    Options
    7pounds.jpg
    <p />Wise One,
    first catch a salmon. this ones different than alaskac's salmon in that its a fresh water landlocked atlantic. slightly different strain than a salt water atlantic but the flavor is still there. i made the pie from leftovers from a baked stuffed one. i dont like the traditional french salmon pies with potatoes, this was much better. the tomato dill sauce is a must, and i wouldnt call this one a quiche though it does have some eggs as a binder
    alaskac is probably horrified with the color of these, these grow up eating fresh water smelt which dont have the oil content that the saltwater ones have[p]843eed02.jpg[p]dbfafc5e.jpg

[ul][li]salmon pie[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    Options
    fishlessman,
    man, that's a nice fish....

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Hey - it's cool with me if you like green fish with white-ish flesh!! I just wish I looked as good as you do holding up a fish! :)[p]thefishagain.jpg[p]mmmmm.....nice pink meat..... :)[p]fishies5.jpg
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ef82846e.jpg
    <p />AlaskanC,
    i would be going after those if i could, our atlantic salmon industry is a goner. last one i caught i had to let go, 90 fish total made the spawning run and that was the best year in the last 15 or so. it will never come back and its a shame, several towns were made around here as canneries on the local rivers. we almost lost the landlock fishery as well due to mosquito fogging. ill take a beuatiful green spotted landlock over this king that was caught in a river near lake ontario. no way was i going to pick this rotten thing up yet people were taking them to local smoke shops to eat. bet no one in alaska would eat this. i will never go back there again.

fukahwee maine

• guava greg
    guava greg Posts: 139
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Good thing I'm a married guy not a single woman otherwise I'd be proposing to you.. ; ) ...dude you can cook![p]Greg