Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Eggdentity Crisis

mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
edited 7:19AM in EggHead Forum
I usually do not wear printed T-shirts when I am out and about, but this summer I started sporting the shirts that I had picked up at Eggtoberfest and Eggfest. I’ve been surprised by the comments I got wherever I went, always questions about the BGE and the word “Eggtoberfest.” But yesterday the comments reached new heights: after I had explained one of the shirts while checking out at the grocery store, a little girl ask her father, “Is he the Easter bunny?”
In dog Beers - I have had only one !

• Big MurthBig Murth Posts: 350
    MR. Toad,
    I drive a dark green Jeep Gr. Cherokee, and I have been tempted to break non-tradition, and put a bumper sticker on, saying, "I love my Big Green Egg"---but with all those characters who live vicariously through their proclamations of allegience to their truck brand....I didn't want to be confused as another rabid and foaming pick-up owner. Maybe this is a great reason to get out to Eggtoberfest/Eggfest someday, so that I could pick up a T-shirt or hat, and wear my colors that way! Big Murth
    p.s. Thanks again for your great Pork Loin Recipe.

• Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    MR. Toad,

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Big Murth, Speaking of colors, my wife bought me a pair of green rubber clogs to wear around the yard and garden, my neighbors think they came with my Egg's. Match the egg perfectly and protect my feet from the hot embers, that I learned the hard way, fall occasionally from Mr.Egg. A cult fashion statement in my neighborhood.

• JethroJethro Posts: 495
    Painter,[p]Any chance you could post a picture from the knees down of you wearin' those clogs?[p]Jethro
  • char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
    MR. Toad,[p]And a very cute Easter Bunny, you are. Yes you are, kitchee koo.
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    <p />MR. Toad,[p]“Is he the
    Easter bunny?” [p]NO !![p]He is the Easter-Egg Bunny[p]Tim

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    MR. Toad,[p]That is pretty good![p]Zip
  • PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Jethro, This site has clogs similar to mine

[ul][li]garden clogs[/ul]
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    MR. Toad,[p]Classic![p]Puj
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Can I have an "Amen" from all y'all who remember Joe Tex's tune: "(Who'll take the Egger,) skinny legs 'n' all." As I remember the song, there was also a lady with barbecue grease drippin' down her mouth...

• BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    MR. Toad,
    ...but if it's not you, who left the wonderful big green egg in my backyard??? ;-) [p]Good one, Mr. Toad.