Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

could not slice brisket - did i cook it too long?

pipedreampipedream Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I smoked a whole brisket this weekend. Marinated in a rub for five hours, then I smoked it one hour and fifteen minutes per pound (it was an 11 pounder) with dome temp of 250, fat cap down, bacon slices on top. When I took it off it had an internal temp of 202, I put the point back on and foiled and toweled the flat in an empty cooler for 2 hours.
When I tried to slice the brisket, it was too fall apart tender. What a problem, I know! So I had to just pull/chip it. It tasted great, very moist, very smokey, but I really wanted those pretty slices. I tried a serated knife and a regular knife, and I tried across the grain and with the grain, it was no use. So my question is, did I cook it too long? And by the way, I chopped the point up and made some killer baked beans!

Comments