Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Dinner, Surf and Turf

Options
bayouegger
bayouegger Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight is both in laws birthdays so we loaded up the Egg and we are heading to their house for a dinner party. Going to dust the ribeyes with Bad Byron's butt rub, some worcestershire sauce and olive oil then T-Rex them. The shrimp are going to be marinated in some Tong Cho Sauce (it's a spicy sauce sold by a local Chinese rest.) then skewered and grilled. [p]Steve[p]surfandturf1.jpg

Comments

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 524
    Options
    Onehazelnut,
    What a great son in law. Mine are both great but never even attempt to cook a meal. Guess I have to work on that. 11 rib eyes cooking at one time is a very full grill. What size are your shrimp and are you going to peal and de-vein before cooking? Popsicle

Willis Tx.
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    Popsicle,[p]Well, I'm a kinda a "New" son in law (since December)and they have been nothing but helpful so I loaded up the Egg and headed over there. Yes 11 ribeyes filled up the grill 2 times, and I did peel and devein the shrimp but left the taila on. They were marked "jumbo" at the seafood market and the count were 12-15 count which were a nice size. And only 5.99 a pound. Everything turned out nice. It was HOT as heck down here in New Orleans today!! So standing next to an 800 degree egg and 95 degree heat was kind of miserable! But worth it.[p]Steve