Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Wings - Sauce?

Options
HurricaneJames
HurricaneJames Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang... planning on ChefRD's Hot Wings for tomorrow afternoon. My 2½ year old daughter will be here, so this sounded quick n' easy during nappy time! I've never done wings. I have some Louisiana Hot Sauce, some Red Hot, and I'm running low on Habanero Pepper Sauce. I'm wondering... how many parts hot sauce to how many parts butter for basting? Or... what's your favorite hot sauce recipe for wings?[p]Thanks,
James and Shelby :)

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    HurricaneJames,
    There should be a recipe on the bottle of Red Hot for the butter and hot sauce wing sauce. Simply put it is a classic. [p]I would make that as a base and then separate it into three different bowls. One you can leave as it is, the next you can add some of the Habanero and the last you can get creative with.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    HurricaneJames,
    Try a stick of butter to a bottle of hot sauce (12-16oz.), and add some minced fresh garlic and oregano, too. Cook low and slow, and keep stirring. Just had ChefRD's a couple of nights ago, and this time really watched my temps to keep it at 325, and they came out great. Any higher and they'll blacken too much, IMHO. Big Murth