Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

More Fair News

CherylCheryl Posts: 18
edited 12:41AM in EggHead Forum
Hi All....
Happy to report that my little BGE came through for me yet again during state fair foods competition. [p]Made stuffed/rolled pork loins on Thursday and Friday with great results. Thursday was a spice contest...came in 3rd in a very impressive field of 20. Friday I won the pork main dish class as well as the entire pork division. (the Pork Queen was one of the judges...so I guess I got royal approval! LOL)[p]Earlier in the fair, I also experimented with spicy lamb bite appetizers a la BGE...they took 3rd place in a class of 40+ entries.[p]There were other wins in pies, cookies, and other categories, but I appreciate all the advice, ideas, etc...that I've gathered from the forum. Am sure my BGE'd entries wouldn't have done so well otherwise. Thank you to all![p]

Comments

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Cheryl,[p]Great work!! If you have some pictures, put them up on the web! I'm sure people would love to see them![p]Smokey
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cheryl, That was one "humdinger" of a run at the fair! I pity em next year with a year more experience. You have already excelled for a new owner of a BGE. What a cook!!!
    Cheers onward....C~W[p]

• BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Cheryl, Congratulations! How about sharing some of those prize-winning recipes?