Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

More Fair News

CherylCheryl Posts: 18
edited 12:19AM in EggHead Forum
Hi All....
Happy to report that my little BGE came through for me yet again during state fair foods competition. [p]Made stuffed/rolled pork loins on Thursday and Friday with great results. Thursday was a spice contest...came in 3rd in a very impressive field of 20. Friday I won the pork main dish class as well as the entire pork division. (the Pork Queen was one of the judges...so I guess I got royal approval! LOL)[p]Earlier in the fair, I also experimented with spicy lamb bite appetizers a la BGE...they took 3rd place in a class of 40+ entries.[p]There were other wins in pies, cookies, and other categories, but I appreciate all the advice, ideas, etc...that I've gathered from the forum. Am sure my BGE'd entries wouldn't have done so well otherwise. Thank you to all![p]

·

Comments

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Cheryl,[p]Great work!! If you have some pictures, put them up on the web! I'm sure people would love to see them![p]Smokey
    ·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cheryl, That was one "humdinger" of a run at the fair! I pity em next year with a year more experience. You have already excelled for a new owner of a BGE. What a cook!!!
    Cheers onward....C~W[p]

·
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Cheryl, Congratulations! How about sharing some of those prize-winning recipes?

·