Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have a Medium - Thinking about getting a Large

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a medium and it is all I can do to smoke 2 large pork butts. I am looking to get another Egg and wanted to get some opinions about how much "bigger" the large is? How much does a large cost from BGE here in Atlanta. Thanks

Comments

• Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    wjd,
    If you are in Atlanta, you might ask them about traiding up. They did for me in 1988.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    30pounds.jpg
    <p />wjd,
    If you use a grid extender, you can easily do 4 butts on the large Egg. I think if you aren't as anal as I am about everything not touching and being all neat in the cooker, you can probably do 6. :-) One suggestion would be to cut a 15" circle from a piece of newspaper, and then cut a 18.5" circle and compare the two. That's the sizes of the two cookers, more or less. The photo is 4 butts in a large using a grid extender.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]On my medium, I use an upside down place setter with a drip pan and the rack sitting on top of the place setter legs. [p]How is your large set up? What can you do to get the indirect heat? thanks

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    wjd,
    I think that was an upside down plate setter, grid on the legs, and then the grid extender clipped to the grid.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz