Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PIZZA...Cook both sides of Dough??

Options
toomsdpt
toomsdpt Posts: 141
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was told by some to cook both sides of the dough when cooking a pizza. Cook one side for about 5-6 mins then flip and add all toppings and sauce.... is this something I need to worry about on an egg?

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    toomsdpt,
    Nope, just have to cook one side.

[ul][li]Spin's Pizza Directions[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    toomsdpt,
    Those instructions would apply if you want to grill the pizza directly on a grid and not use a pizza stone. If you use a pizza stone, then you just make the pie, put it on the stone and cook. Here's a link to my pizza hints and tips page:[p]TNW

[ul][li]Pizza Hints and Tips[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Buzz
    Buzz Posts: 63
    Options
    toomsdpt,[p]I think this is a case where you have to find out what works for you. [p]Lots of factors, I guess. The dough is obviously a big one. Also, some toppings will get done a bit faster than others so I can't always say X mintues until the pizza is done. My pizzas typically take around 12-14 minutes.[p]I like a crispier crust and with the Pillsbury premade dough I use, a few mintues of prebaking does give me better results. Best I recall, about 4 or 5 minutes was enough. I've never flipped them, but I suppose it wouldn't really matter.[p]My best pizza tip is not to overload the crust. It is tempting to really pie up the ingredients, but going simple and not too many toppings seems to turn out better for me.
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    toomsdpt,[p]<DIV ALIGN="left">Unless you plan on cooking the pizza direct you only need to cook it once...[p]

167945950-L.jpg[p]167945967-L.jpg
    [/quote]