Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

my newest addition to my egg !!!! (lots of pics)

CarbonizerCarbonizer Posts: 188
edited 8:23AM in EggHead Forum
well after a long process of painting and protecting it with many many coats of sealer here is my finished handle that i got from mikeb6109 it is a hand carved handle made by his dad ! i added pics of the handle before i started on the paint and after it was finished and installed.i was so lucky in finding another new egg at a great price that i have ordered yet another handle for it and i also included a pic of what is to come!!! mike many thanks and tell your dad that his work is very very good and appreciated!!!can't wait to receive my ear of corn......will be checking the post office often next week![p]bob [p]here it is after getting in the mail[p]pighandle7.jpg[p]and here it is after a few coats of paint...[p]pighandle1.jpg[p]and now for some finishing touches!![p]pighandle2-1.jpg[p]and finally here it is installed on the egg!!!
pighandle6.jpg
pighandle5.jpg
pighandle4-1.jpg
and no pig handle is complete without some pig cooking on the egg!!
pighandle3-1.jpg[p]my newest handle in the mail.....more to come!
cornhandle5.jpg

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Carbonizer,[p]That looks awesome. I absolutely love the picture in the newspaper you used while painting the handle. Hilarious.[p]Looks really great installed on the egg. Bravo!
  • CarbonizerCarbonizer Posts: 188
    Fidel,
    The picture in the paper was a coinsidense, I just grabbed a piece of newspaper and used it while painting. I didn't even notice the pigs until after the picture was taken, strange karma.

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Carbonizer,
    well i'm glad you liked your handle and it does look good with the paint job!! your ear of corn(handle) will be mailed to you monday if all goes well.hope you will be pleased with that one also!!what next a handle looking like a t-bone steak after the bone gets well cleaned??? LOLOLOL mmmmmmmmmm think i gave myself a good idea,later
    mike

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Carbonizer,
    got your email with your address thanks will mail out your new corn handle monday morning!! enjoy hope you are happy with the results.
    mike