Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Paper Test

Options
Matt
Matt Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All --[p]Noticed a little smoke leaking through my gasket the other day, so I gave the Egg the paper test last night. It takes a reasonable amount of force to pull the paper out from most locations around the gasket, but it slides pretty easily in the vicinity of the bolts that hold the bands together. Do I need to reset the lid? Or, should I just live with it?[p]I have a large with spring assist.[p]Thanks.[p]Matt (getting geared up for first overnighter tonight -- 10# shoulder)

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Matt,
    Nothing like waking up to the smell of smoked pork.
    Happy 4th

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Matt,[p]I had a similar problem with my large, although the gap in back was more like 1/8 inch. The adjustment of the band was quick and easy to eliminate the smoke leakage in back. It also reduced my charcoal consumption.[p]Roudy

• scole
    scole Posts: 29
    Options
    Matt,[p]If you're able to hold the temp at 250 (or whatever temp you want) without having to completely close the daisy wheel, then I wouldn't worry about it. Smoke and old air has to get out somewhere in order for fresh air to get in the bottom vent.