Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern beef hash

Options
jwirlwind
jwirlwind Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Jerry's Secrete Recipe[p][p]Rebel Beef Hash[p][p]This recipe is given only to a select few. The character of this grand-OL hash is to be preserved by the select few and used to dazzle others that wish they had the know-how to make it. It is imperative that you follow the exact ingredients to get the full body flavor of this wonderful food.[p]After it is finished, it is best eaten over white rice. Mm mm good. Enjoy.[p][p]Ingredients:[p][p]Boneless chuck roast - about 5 pounds,don’t trim all the fat[p]One big-OL onion[p]½ stick of Land-o-Lakes butter[p]Salt to taste[p]4 tblsp rubbed sage[p]2 tblsp black pepper or to taste, I also like some red crushed pepper[p]1 tblsp minced garlic[p]1/4 cup apple cider vinegar[p]1 1/2 cup yellow mustard, or to taste[p][p]
The how to:[p][p]cut meat into small pieces.[p]Dice onion[p]In your large pot with lid, I use 8-quart pot, put all ingredients in except mustard.[p]Fill pot to 3/4 full of water and begin boiling (slow boil)for 3 hours or more until meat is very tender. stirring when you feel like it to keep seasoning in the boil. Side of pot tends to allow seasoning to stick to it.[p]After the long wait of boiling, water should be down to just covering meat. Be careful not to let it boil to low or you will have to start over cause meat will burn. You may have to add water during boil period until meat is very tender. mmm[p]With your mash potato smasher, preferred by master chef Jerry, or your weapon of choice, begin smashing meat right in the pot until it is very fine. Do not remove any liquid. Add mustard mixing well. The amount of mustard is not an exact science. I like my hash to have a slightly yellow tent. If you have to add more mustard to get the desired color, then do so. Whatever you do, don't add any tomatoe product to this hash. That is a sin. [p]Get out the white rice you have already cooked, cover it with hash, and eat until you blow up.[p] Master Chef Jerry Hubbard [p][p][p]

Comments