Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOWSER - QBabe's carrot cake is a winner!!!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One of my most favorite cakes is a carrot cake but I kept putting off until today of trying the recipe QBabe served at the 2006 Florida Eggfest. I'm here to tell you it's worth the effort![p]My first attempt at it as well as icing a cake:
IMG_1822.jpg

Then 20 minutes after that picture it looked like this:
IMG_1824.jpg

I'm here to tell you that recipe is a WINNER! Thanks QBabe!
BTW I used my plate setter inverted and also a grill extender so that I could bake both 9" cake pans at the same time. At 350 dome they finished promptly in 50 minutes.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    RRP,
    nice! i love carrot cake![p]got of pic in the egg with that setup? what kind of cake pans? anything between the plate setter and the bottom pan?[p]if you can't tell, i am predicting me baking a two layer cake at a race this year! maybe german chocolate though...

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    IMG_1825.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,
    plate sitter with legs up then grill with first cake and then the grill extender with the 2nd cake. The pans are no stick metal Pyrex that cleaned up like a charm. This is a GREAT cake!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RRP,
    ok, got it... but that setup won't work in the medium so i'm thinkin i'll put the bottom pan down in the plate setter on the pizza stone on the green feet and then the upper on the extendo grid.[p]i like those pans too!

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    RRP,
    Gorgeous! I think that's where the word "gorge" came from--I want to! Can't find that recipe anywhere on the website. Can you share it?

Judy in San Diego
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    RRP,[p]Glad you liked it! It's one of my VERY favorites...![p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Judy Mayberry,[p]It's in the 2006 Florida Eggfest cookboook on page 40 and is called "Sinfully Good Carrot Cake. The icing recipe is on the next page. I've added the link below...[p]Tonia
    :~)

[ul][li]2006 Florida Eggfest Cookbook[/ul]