Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging in June Pics

Options
hayhonker
hayhonker Posts: 576
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Found a moment of free time to clear off my memory card...
A few of this months meals:
6 racks of ribs with 6 sauces:
DSC00476_JPG.jpg[p]And some fresh corn on the small:
DSC00477_JPG.jpg[p]Fallin off the bone:
DSC00478_JPG.jpg[p]The food critic approves:
DSC00483_JPG.jpg[p]Some Hangover Helper Eggs:
DSC00496_JPG.jpg[p]ABTs:
DSC00503_JPG.jpg[p]Not egged, but a must during summer in Maryland:
DSC00507_JPG.jpg[p]Making the most of the large grate:
DSC00582_JPG.jpg[p]Tenderloins on the mini:
DSC00583_JPG.jpg[p]Cedar planked swordfish and a crabcake:
DSC00599_JPG.jpg[p]Over pasta with olive oil, oregeno and Old Bay:
DSC00603_JPG.jpg[p]
Happy Summer to ya!

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    hayhonker,
    WOW! -RP

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    hayhonker,[p]Dangit. What a nice June you have had.[p]Keep 'em comin'![p]TRex
  • Matt
    Matt Posts: 103
    Options
    hayhonker,[p]Nice looking ribs. Are those baby backs or St. Louis cut spares?[p]Also, what's your method there? Looks like direct on a raised grate with an inverted roasting rack to hold the ribs? I've never tried ribs direct before.[p]Thanks for the pics.[p]Matt
  • Unknown
    Options
    hayhonker,
    nice![p]hangover helper! hahaa

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    Matt,
    Thanks Matt!
    Those are St. Louis cut spares. They're cheaper than baby backs and have more meat IMO. I also have a freezer full of trimmings that will come in handy some day.[p]As for the method...let me just say that I've tried them all (I think) and if someone held a gun to my head and said "cook me some good ribs" I would just do them direct at 220 for 5 hours 15 minutes, saucing twice (at 4:30 and 5:00).
    I put a fist size chunk of Cherry, and 2 smaller chunks of hickory. Let the white smoke burn off before adding the meat.
    That's an inverted V roasting rack that came in a Calphalon roasting pan for $50 on Amazon. It's a little unstable - you have to load it left, right, left, right but it works great for getting 8 racks in a large.[p]Some methods (3.1.1, spritz every 30, etc) may produce slightly more tender ribs, but really these easy direct ones are fine. On par with the best from the chain restaurants Famous Daves, Red Hot Blue, Smokey Bones, etc.[p]Good luck to ya!

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    hayhonker,[p]Wow! I love the pics!![p]So which of the six sauces did you like the best?
  • Shilomare
    Shilomare Posts: 103
    Options
    Jason,[p]You have had an awsome and inspiring June!! Now we have some more cooks to try....We have been cooking lots of Copper River Wild Alaskan Salmon these past couple of weeks. Thanks for the reminder that there are alternatives. Although we are smoking some more salmon for later in the year, ribs will be included in out July menus along with Maryland Crab cakes, corn etc...Summer cooking in Maryland....the best!![p]What was your favorite sauce for the ribs?[p][p][p]

• Unknown
    Options
    hayhonker,[p]how do you make hangover helper eggs?[p]those pics look awesome!!
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    hayhonker,
    I know there are millions of sauces out there, but never heard of budweiser sauce!
    Did you get that online? Too cool.
    Your photos just starved me. Awesome pics.
    ST