Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honey roasted sweet potatoes on the egg?

Options
AnnaG
AnnaG Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,[p]I tried to do the honey roasted sweet potatoes on the egg, but the result was somewhat undercooked potatoes... I did them indirect at 350 for about an hour, which worked previously in the oven, do I need to increase the temp to simulate normal oven time of an hour or increase the cooking time? Trying to figure out this egg...[p]Thanks...
...AnnaG...

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    AnnaG,[p] 350 dome will put your grate at 325-330 Bump the temp to 375 or add a few to the cook time.

• AnnaG
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Thanks much for your response... I wasn't sure if my indirect setup was the problem or the temp... I will bump it up next time...[p]PS, one more totally stupid question, what in the heck is Happy Woosday? I kept waiting for some other newbie to ask... Be gentle, only been an egger for a little over a month...[p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    AnnaG,[p] Several months ago we collectively decided to rename Tuesday in honor of Woodoggies. Woosday is the day we post pictures of our weeks, months, years cooks in his honor.[p]Was that gentle enough? :)[p]
  • AnnaG
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]You are a kind wolf... Thanks much for the explanation, in a gentle way...[p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...