Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broken top! :(

Options
HurricaneJames
HurricaneJames Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yes, I dropped my ceramic top and it broke into 3 pieces. I know it's only for show really, but I like it! Is there any way to fix it or should I just call BGE for a replacement?[p]ButterFingersCane

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    HurricaneJames, Yep...check JJ's vistors profile or Cornfed may toss in a picture..Wet the joints with water, apply Rutland or Hercules furnace cement..cure at low temps and gradually rise to the higher temps..follow the package instructions.
    Adds character..I heard a rumor that BGE was going to incorporate that at one time..
    :-),,,I kid a lot..!!
    C~W[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    HurricaneJames,[p]It ain't for just show - it's the best way to snuff a fire for aN Egg that lives uncovered and outside. Them tops leak!!!!![p]Tim
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Tim M, I misread his post..Top to me meant the whole dome..so my misinterpretation..Either way, The furnace cement would work..I also dropped my ceramic dome top on the concete..many pieces. I put it all back together with the epoxy that JJ recommended and its been snuffin fire ever since..:-) I think my hinge photos at KG's website show it resting on the dome.
    If pieces are missing and its not a good tight seal..I agree, get a new one. Best fire snuffer ya got, outside of a burlap bag stuffed in the hole..arrrrgh..The dome cap looks nicer..
    C~W[p]