Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone else doing St. Louis Style ribs today ? Happy Fathers Day too!

Options
Pharmeggist
Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Eggheads,
I am doing two slabs St. Louis Style ribs 3-2-1 method... dome temp 250 put em on at 2:30PM CST. :=) Will give a progress report later[p]Happy Egging, Pharmeggist

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Pharmeggist,
    i'm jealous. only had time to make one stop yesterday for spares to trim down, and had to settle for babybacks...[p]still, not bad, of course. funny though, i picked the heaviest ones, and man, they went 6 hours, and coulda gone another hour maybe. never pulled back. they had a little more tug than i like, but were not a bad cook after all

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Pharmeggist,
    I did six racks yesterday and that was enough for one weekend.

• Pharmeggist
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    You are too modest.... Congrats again on your second place finish ;=) I enjoyed my back yard style 3-2-1 which leaves me to ask you how do you do them for a competition. Do you do them indirect at 250 the whole time and spritz them? Do tell. THANKS

• Pharmeggist
    Options
    stike,
    Gladed your babybacks turned out pretty good. Maybe you can work in some spares next weekend ;=)

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Pharmeggist,
    I actually do the 3-2-1 ish. I put vertical in a rib rack and turn about 1.5 hours in. Then at about 3 hours I put in foil with parkay, honey, and brown sugar and apple juice. About 1 hour is, then put on the grill direct for about 30 min with sauce. All except for the end is indirect 270ish dome.