Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Honey roasted sweet potatoes on the egg?

AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com and tried it last Sunday in the oven, it was surprisingly good and tasted like candied yams... [p]I am dealing with high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so trying to find things that I can cook on the egg that are heart friendly. [p]I plan on cooking a pork tenderloin after trying the sweet potatoes, but was wondering what setup I need for the sweet potatoes. They will be in a 9X13 baking pan, so direct or indirect? Should I expect the same time allowance of an hour?[p]The recipe:[p]2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces and put in a 9 by 13 baking dish. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, honey and lemon juice. Pour mixture over potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the salt, and bake, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, until potatoes are tender. [p]Thanks...
...AnnaG...