Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3/1/1 question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Will somebody post the whole recipe?[p]I've found bits and pieces all over the forum.[p]What temp(s) do you cook at? Is the 1st 3 hrs indirect? etc.[p]Thanks

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    utvolegger,[p]Rub your ribs with whatever spice/mustard/flavoring combination you prefer. Get the dome temp in the 250 range with a plate setter so you can cook the ribs indirect. If you don't have a plate setter then use a drip pan or some other means of deflecting the heat from the meat.[p]The first 3 hours of the cook are done bone side down.[p]Next, place the ribs in aluminum foil. I like to add a few pats of butter and a heavy spritz of apple juice, then seal the foil. This will braise/steam the ribs to get them extra moist and tender. Keep the temp the same and cook indirect in the foil for the next hour.[p]For the final hour (or so) remove from the foil and continue to cook indirect - adding whatever sauce you want for the final stage.[p]You can vary the times a bit making sure not to overcook. Take care when removing from the grid as they will likely fall apart.[p]Enjoy!
  • Unknown
    Options
    utvolegger,[p]Three hours indirect, then[p]one hour indirect in foil (perhaps with apple juice or other liquid), then[p]one hour direct, applying sauce the last 20-30 minutes.[p]Dome temp steady at 250-275 degrees throughout, maybe a little higher when going direct. Adjust depending on doneness of ribs, as my last batch was too far along to justify an hour direct.