Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Topeka's Patio Pool and Fireside

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Long time listener, first time caller.[p]I've been hanging around for about a month, basically since I got my Large Egg from my Fiancé’s family for graduating from Law School (yeah, they are great!!). Right after I got my Egg I bought a plate setter from Patio Pool and Fireside in Topeka (my local dealer). After a couple of cooks, I noticed a crack in the plate setter. I took it in to see if it was something I should be concerned about. Without hesitation, they replaced it with a new one. I just wanted to give anyone that might be in the area a heads up that this is some great customer service. (Sorry if this sounds like a commercial).[p]On a related note, this plate setter has a bit different design than my old one. It has ridges on the outside of the legs which hold the ceramic grate much better. Has anyone else noticed?[p]As a general introduction, like I said I have had the Egg for about a month. I have cooked about 4 chickens, 3 racks of ribs, 1 brisket flat, steaks, and burgers. Before the Egg, I was using a CharBroil Commercial Series Gasser. I must say, it certainly gets much less action nowadays. [p]Thanks for all the great info.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Man Hands,
    When I can't sleep at 2:00 AM I naturally go to my computer and log on to the BGE Forum. And I love it when I read posts like yours.[p]As far as I know, you may be the only one from Topeka who posts here. I'm sure there will be more as your friends start to enjoy your cooks. [p]Good Egg'n to you.[p]Spring "One Hundred Percent Sleepy Again" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• KS Cheryl
    KS Cheryl Posts: 71
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Hold on there Spring Chicken, Some of us might not live in Topeka but we shop there. Lowrodz deals with Topeka Patio Pool And Fireside all the time. And I'm just down the road in Lawrence. Cheryl

• Lowrodz
    Lowrodz Posts: 50
    Options
    Man Hands,
    Hey I'm glad that you liked the service there!! They are the dealer that I most generally go to. Jeff is Always eager to help with anything that I might need. SO since your so close are you goin to Omaha Eggfest?[p]B- Oskaloosa, Ks

• Unknown
    Options
    Lowrodz,[p]I was hoping to make it up to Omaha, but my better half would be unable to go that weekend. Also, my favorite Irish band, Ellis Island, who usually plays in Omaha at the Brazen Head, is taking the weekend off. Therefore, I probably couldn't get my dad to go. However, I'm still considering it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KS Cheryl,[p]I'm glad to hear there are eggers in Lawrence. Come November or December I'll be moving to the home of the Hawkers. However, I'm a K-Stater at heart, so it may be difficult.
  • eggfoot
    eggfoot Posts: 138
    Options
    Man Hands,
    Hope you can make it to the Omaha Eggfest, we are going to have some fun. I have been to the Brazen Head but have not seen Ellis Island thought, I will have to watch for them.

[ul][li]http://www.greenegggrilling.com/eggfest.htm[/ul]