Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PNW Eggfest is a Go!!!

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm very excited to announce that the Pacific NorthWest Fest is a go! We have not only a distributor that is willing and eager but more than one dealer wanting to be involved.[p]Details (such as dates, location, etc.) will be worked out in the very near future with info posted as they become available. The one detail I know at this time is that it will be in Washington, somewhere in the "Seattle" area +/- 50 miles.[p]We'd love to have a website. Anyone willing to take that on? If we have that, we can put all our info on that and not take up space here on the forum, which may or may not be seen by everyone since this board can scroll by pretty quickly. Please email me directly if a website is something you'd be willing to help out with.[p]Let's give this puppy a name. Do we like Pacific NorthWest Fest or can we come up with something a little more clever and/or catchy?[p]I don't have firm committments but it looks like we will have eggs to cook on and to presell. Please notify me via email if you plan on cooking so I can get back to our distributor and dealers with preliminary numbers.[p]Pretty cool, eh?[p]Gwen[p]

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    dimplesmom,[p]I'm eggcited!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Me too! [p]Did I read somewhere you have yet another new cookbook out that I need to go look for? I haven't even made anything from the 2nd book yet. I just can't get enough of the pulled pork, bbq ribs, and meatloaf for Lisa Maria, so that's all we ever make! (Aside from a couple of hubby's recipes, of course.)[p]So was that you who just emailed me? You gonna come to our eggfest? Whoa![p]Gwen

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Gwen - like I said before - count us in! Add us to the list of cookers too![p]I am excited!!
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    DrBBQRoadTripsmallfile.jpg?t=1181617594
    <p />dimplesmom,[p]Yes, as of tomorow Barbecue Road trip will be in the stores. Thanks for the nice words and thanks for asking. [p]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Great! I've got you at the top of the list with me right behind you. None of the men have stepped up yet. Guess we'll have to show 'em how it's done. ;)[p]Gwen

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    dimplesmom,
    That is definatley cool! Looking fwd to the dates and will see if I can go.
    ST

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    dimplesmom,[p]Typical, huh?[p]I'm sure they will be willing to carry the bags of lump around & stuff like that. lol :)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweet! I'm SO there. I'm guessing it will be tough to put together before the end of Summer and if that can't happen I'd suggest late Spring/early Summer next year from a cooking perspective. Copper River salmon, morel mushrooms, fiddlehead ferns, ramps, etc. All that good stuff in the PNW that's in season that time of year and what makes this place one of the most underrated food spots in the world. [p]Todd
  • Unknown
    Options
    dimplesmom,
    This is great!
    I spoke with the guys at Fireside in Kent Saturday and they were all for something like this. I would guess we could get many of the retail stores involved. Their testimony to how easy the egg is is why I purchased mine.[p]We may have to do some campaigning.

• Unknown
    Options
    Count Me In !!! I'll bring down a couple Big Green Eggs and cook up all the good stuff to share with my fellow Eggers. It would be cool to see if we can pull it off this summer, let me know if I can help.
  • swamprb
    swamprb Posts: 97
    Options
    dimplesmom,
    I am glad that Fireside in Kent was mentioned, you won't find a more Egg friendly group of people around! I talked Egg with a salesperson last Fall when I needed some lump and brought up having an Eggfest and he was very enthusiastic! I will be there in a heartbeat, wherever it is!

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Seattle Todd,
    We were hoping to get something together later this summer.[p]I see your point with the spring. The trade off is those special foods versus weather. We *might* get a good weekend weather-wise in May but forget June or early July.[p]What's a ramp?!?[p]Gwen

• wannabebackinTexas
    Options
    dimplesmom,[p]Great news!! Count me in for attendance and cooking. [p]I'll try to find someone for the website setup.[p]Good eggin'
    -paul

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    wannabebackinTexas,[p]That would be great! Let me know.[p]Gwen