Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pickle Buckets

Options
YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Krystal hamburger pickles come in a 5 gallon bucket,the lid has a o-ring in it,very easy to get it on and off and keeps your lump moisture free.It takes 3 buckets to hold a 20 pound bag of BGE lump,when you get a new bag separate it into 3 piles,small, medium and large and put each pile in a bucket.I give one of the employees a little money to save them for me,this really works good,Bryan i have you 3,call me sometime.
YB

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    YB,[p]Mmmmmm, pork loin smoked with pickle wood, I can taste it now. No, wait.......that was just stomach acid starting to repeat a bit on me.[p]You be sure to wash those pickle buckets out well. Take about 3 Tablespoons of bleach and put it in them and fill them with water and wait about a day or so and it should take the smell out.[p]Thanks for the great idea, most grocery stores that make cakes etc. (almost all Wal Mart stores) get their icing in those buckets as well, just another source for those who don't have access to.......gulp.....pickle buckets.[p]Troy