Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flay's Spanish Spice Rubbed Chicken

Options
Eggin in Peoria
Eggin in Peoria Posts: 262
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This week I'm stealing everyone's recipes but here's another good one we tried. I only had Hungary Paprika so I didn't go the Spanish/smoked route and just compensated with some good ole egg smoke. I halved this recipe which was plenty for a few chicken breasts, some leftover. [p]Spice Rubbed Chicken:
1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons cumin seeds, ground
2 teaspoons mustard seeds, ground
2 teaspoons fennel seeds, ground
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 teaspoons kosher salt
4 (8-ounce) boneless chicken breasts
Olive oil
Parsley-Mint Sauce, recipe follows[p]Preheat your grill to high.[p]Whisk together the paprika, cumin, mustard, fennel, pepper and salt in a small bowl.[p]Brush the chicken with a few teaspoons of oil on both sides. Rub the breasts on the skin side with some of the rub and place on the grill, rub side down. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the breasts over and continue cooking until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter and immediately drizzle with some of the Parsley-Mint Sauce. Let rest 5 minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side.[p]Parsley-Mint Sauce:
1 1/2 cups tightly packed fresh mint leaves
3/4 cup tightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 serrano chiles, grilled, peeled, chopped
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 cup olive oil
Water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper[p]Place the mint, parsley, garlic and serranos in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Add the honey and mustard and process until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified.[p]Transfer the mixture to a bowl and whisk in a few tablespoons of cold water to thin to a sauce-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.