Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking a pork tenderloin

Options
Joe
Joe Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a new BGE, and i want to smoke a 2 and a half pound Pork Tenderloin. How long should i cook it and at what temp? Thnaks

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    joe ,
    I'm getting ready to do 8 pork tenderloins. I think I'm going to go direct on a raised grid at about 375/400. I will cook to an internal of 145/150. I think it will take about 1/2 hour or so. It's very important that you don't overcook. Good luck, Tom PorkTenderloincook1.jpg Porktenderloincook2.jpg

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    joe ,
    Pork tenderloins are usually much smaller than 2.5 lbs. Are you sure you don't have a small pork loin? It would probably be good to roast it indirect at about 350 until the internal temp is about 137 or so. Some like it a little more done. It might take about an hour.

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    BajaTom,[p]Wow - I usually take them off before 135. My wife would kill me if I let them go that long.