Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2" Thick T-Bones

Options
Beast
Beast Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Remember those Two 2" Thick T-Bones i said i had well they are now sitting tryin to get to room temp. awaiting the trip to the egg i have some mesquite chips & some Oak and would like to know which is better to use as a smoke on those babies i may have to HOT TUB them to finish getting them to room temp the egg is all heated up & ready for them i want to cook them about 2:15pm & it's about 1:55pm now thanks
Beast

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Beast,
    hot tubbing will give you a steak with an internal of about 100 when it hits the grill. good idea for a t-bone, as they are often raw near the bone if they go on cool.[p]a thick steak like that on the counter for an hour or more won't get much above 50 or 60, believe it or not.[p]if you do let it sit out, sprinkle it with salt all sides. nothing nefarious (bacteria) will grow in the presence of salt. the salt will not cause it to dry out... in fact, it brings water soluble proteins to the surface and those are what contribute to a great browning and sear.[p]enjoy it!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    Options
    stike,
    Just a follow up on those two steaks well they are not officially HISTORY and were they good they were tender & DONE the wife was very impressed i'll post pics later thanks for all the great help & suggestions
    Beast