Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Butt Still Going

Options
TexasTigerFan
TexasTigerFan Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I think I made it OK through the night. I got the egg stablized around 8pm last night at 240 degrees. Put on 16lbs of meat. I was up late for a few reasons last night. One was because I was a little nervous about the cook and the other is we had more strong thunderstorms. I have the egg underneath my back patio. I did sleep but set an alarm every 2-3 hours so I could check on it. The first time up the temp dropped to 190 degrees. I made a few adjustments and I have been around 220-230 ever since. Since I was getting up periodically I am pretty sure the drop in temp was not too terribly long as I kept waking up between alarms due to the loud thunder so I would check on it. We are 13 hours into it and the internal temp 165 degrees. Sound OK?

Comments