Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alder smoked Pizza?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey fellow eggers. Had my first crack at alder smoke last night w/ a fillet of steelhead trout. Splendific!
Has anyone ever tried alder smoked za!? If so what did ya think?
bout to fire up my large green buddy here in a minute.
To alder or not to alder that is the question for my kind folks out there in eggdom?
Thanks,
Amaury

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    ATX,
    When I hear Alder I think fish, but it's pretty mild wood. Probably wouldn't ruin a pizza. Let me know how it turns out.

• Unknown
    Options
    Hank,
    Soon to be wife (Next Sat.!) nixed the whole smoked pizza idea (guess I should get used to that, Haha). But the pie turned out great regardless. Got a thincrust Boboli and just added some sauce, cheese & toppings: Canadian bacon, red onion, green peppers & black olives. I love za so I'm planning on smoking up some pies for the bachelor party next Thurs. Thanks for your input buddy.
    Saludos,
    atx

• Unknown
    Options
    atx,
    Congrats on the nuptuals! Maybe you can do a bunch of pizzas for the groom's dinner? And I also find I have better success on the Egg with a store-bought crust. I'm into the ultra thin and crispy, keep-it-simple sort of approach. As long as there is extra cheese.

• Unknown
    Options
    Hank,
    Thanks Hank! Yeah after tonights great results I'm thinking some egged za's are the way to go for the bachelor party. Don't worry I never skimp on the queso!!
    Saludos,
    Amaury