Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

breakfast on the egg

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Family coming in from out of town. Need to feed about 10 folks. Any ideas for some egg recipes for the egg? I know you guys do breakfast at the eggfests... any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    WPB,
    saw a great looking set up where someone put the fixins in each well of a muffin tin. i think it was a piece of ham (to line it and make a little a boat), cracked egg, salt and pepper. i'd imagine you could have separate additional things people could sprinkle into each cup, like chives, diced pepper, etc?[p]anyway, the tins went in with an egg in each cup, so it was a couple trays of a dozen or so each. looked pretty easy

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    WPB,[p]I've never Egged an egg. Heheeee. But I would vote for some biscuits, fatties and pig candy, maybe some cowboy potatoes. Of course if elegance is what you are after, a fritata or a quiche on the Egg are hard to beat.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    stike,[p]I like that idea. Especially the ham part. Maybe some thin Junior Johnson country ham. Maybe even top with a thin biscuit or thin hash browns. Gonna try it this weekend. This means another trip to the store. More beer and ice too.

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    fattieeggsandwich2.jpg
    <p />WPB,
    We make fattie and egg sandwiches from smoked fatties done on the egg.

• stike
    Options
    BYC,
    hey! that hash brown add-on is perfect.
    if it were browned first, then put in the ham with the egg on top... that would be cool.

• BYC
    Options
    stike,[p]DISCO! [p]I will try these and post pics tonight. I think you could do great things with the presentation. Might even be an entry for the Anything Butt (ABP) competition entries..[p]Just a simple corn muffin tin right?

• stike
    Options
    BYC,
    the pics i saw were round muffin tins, but don't see why the corn muffin one wouldn't work. we have cast iron corn muffin tins. those might be even better

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning WPB:[p]The link below is to our favorite breakfast item off the egg, the Sausage/Cheese roll. It is very easy to make. It can be prepped the night before and put on the egg in the morning.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

[ul][li]Cheese/Sausage roll recipe[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    WPB,
    I really like scrambbled eggs with chopped up fatties and with some sauted onion and green pepper(any combination of veggies would do). With some cheese melted on top of it of course. You need a cast iron skillet to do it though.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    SSN686,[p]That looks great! I'm going to have to ask Mrs t where I keep my bundt pan.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • GriffinGaDawg
    GriffinGaDawg Posts: 332
    Options
    ...in my best carnie voice.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    WPB,
    I love a traditional breakfast on the Egg and even tought a class on it at the first Texas Eggfest University. I used a cast iron griddle for it although a cast iron skillet would problably do just as well.[p]BaconEggSausageonGriddle.jpg[p]I also made pancakes on it that turned out great. Just the "add water and shake type."[p]I also made biscuits in a cast iron skillet one year.[p]Biscuits7-18-04.jpg[p]Finally, I made what I called a breakfast quesadilla using the plate setter/pizza stone combination. Just some tortillas with pre-cooked Southwestern Style Eggbeaters, some pork sausage and Mexican cheese, topped with another tortilla and heated on the pizza stone. Cut like a pizza and serve. Easy and very tasty.[p]Breakfastquesadillas4.jpg[p]Breakfastquesadillas9.jpg[p]With a few accessories you can cook just about anything you put your mind to doing.[p]Spring "Breadfast Served Twenty-Four Hours" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• BYC
    Options
    stike,[p]Been thinking about these all day so we went to the Safeway and grabbed everything to make a couple. Used a ham nest on one and a nest of hash browns on the other. They were great and looked so darn pretty. Garnished with avacado, bacon, diced tomatoes, cilantro and scallions. When I find my Nk USB cable I will post the bounty. In the interim, I suggest these highly.[p]Thanks Stike! DISCO!

• 2EggTim
    2EggTim Posts: 170
    Options
    WPB,
    Celtic Wolf's, "Hungry Man's Breakfast". Ummm it's good!