Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steaks with Paprika-Parmesan butter

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thank-you Bon Appetit! You all should really give this one a try. It's easy and very good:[p]Marinade:
1/4 c. olive oil
7 (yep. Seven) large cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary[p]mix and allow steaks to marinate for at least two hours in the frig.[p]Paprika-Parmesan Butter: can prepare two days ahead of time
3 tbsp butter at room temp
2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
1 drained anchovy fillet, minced (I didn't add this)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce[p]cook steaks as usual and serve topped with paprika-parmesan butter

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]I saw that recipe and it really got me hungry to try it.[p]But WAIT, is that an OLIVE OIL MARINADE that I see in the recipe? Seems that even Bon Appetit is gettin' in on the Benefits of a good Olive Oil Steak.[p]OK, throw all the stones you want, just had to get that one in there for all of the Olive Oil Naysayers.[p]Troy
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]I have used a marinade very similiar to this and we really enjoy it. The butter sauce reads very interesting. I will probably use the fish ;-).[p]Thanks for sharing,
    Spin