Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steaks with Paprika-Parmesan butter

bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
edited 12:59PM in EggHead Forum
Thank-you Bon Appetit! You all should really give this one a try. It's easy and very good:[p]Marinade:
1/4 c. olive oil
7 (yep. Seven) large cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary[p]mix and allow steaks to marinate for at least two hours in the frig.[p]Paprika-Parmesan Butter: can prepare two days ahead of time
3 tbsp butter at room temp
2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
1 drained anchovy fillet, minced (I didn't add this)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce[p]cook steaks as usual and serve topped with paprika-parmesan butter

·

Comments

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    bdavidson,[p]I saw that recipe and it really got me hungry to try it.[p]But WAIT, is that an OLIVE OIL MARINADE that I see in the recipe? Seems that even Bon Appetit is gettin' in on the Benefits of a good Olive Oil Steak.[p]OK, throw all the stones you want, just had to get that one in there for all of the Olive Oil Naysayers.[p]Troy
    ·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    bdavidson,[p]I have used a marinade very similiar to this and we really enjoy it. The butter sauce reads very interesting. I will probably use the fish ;-).[p]Thanks for sharing,
    Spin

·