Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Steaks with Paprika-Parmesan butter

bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thank-you Bon Appetit! You all should really give this one a try. It's easy and very good:[p]Marinade:
1/4 c. olive oil
7 (yep. Seven) large cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary[p]mix and allow steaks to marinate for at least two hours in the frig.[p]Paprika-Parmesan Butter: can prepare two days ahead of time
3 tbsp butter at room temp
2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
1 drained anchovy fillet, minced (I didn't add this)
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce[p]cook steaks as usual and serve topped with paprika-parmesan butter

Comments

• sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    bdavidson,[p]I saw that recipe and it really got me hungry to try it.[p]But WAIT, is that an OLIVE OIL MARINADE that I see in the recipe? Seems that even Bon Appetit is gettin' in on the Benefits of a good Olive Oil Steak.[p]OK, throw all the stones you want, just had to get that one in there for all of the Olive Oil Naysayers.[p]Troy
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    bdavidson,[p]I have used a marinade very similiar to this and we really enjoy it. The butter sauce reads very interesting. I will probably use the fish ;-).[p]Thanks for sharing,
    Spin